How can I create a mailbox?
Posted by John Imison on 15 May 2007 08:39 AM
This article applies to the following products: Personal, Business and Business Extra (on both Windows and Linux platforms).
1. First you need to login to your iDAQ control panel here:
(If you have forgotten your password please click the "Forgot your password?" link and follow the instructions.)
2. Next, select the drop down menu located at the top of the page and select the web hosting account you want to create a mailbox for.
3. On this page you should see a button labelled "Mail Accounts". Click on this.
4. If you already have an email address configured you should now see it listed on this page. To create a new mail address, click on "Create Mail Account" and then you will be prompted to create the mailbox.
5. Enter the mail box name and password and click OK. Once you have done this you can start using the mail box from your email client or webmail.
6. You may want to create aliases for this email address. This will enable you to effectively have more than one email address connected to one mailbox. To do this, go back to the main 'Mail' section (as in step 3) and click on the link for the email address you want to configure. On the next page you are presented with many options for this particlur email address. Click on "Add New Mail Alias", you must then fill in the form with the desired details.
7. If you want to configure mail redirection, or mail forwarding, go back to the list of email address (as in step 3) and click on the address you want to configure. You will see a icon labeled 'Redirect', click this. You can now enter an email address that you wish all mail to be forwarded to. Note: if you have a physical mailbox configured, messages will be saved in your mailbox as well as being redirected (which may result in a full mailbox if you do not intend to collect the messages). If you do not want to have messages saved (i.e. only redirected/forwarded). Then you must remove the mailbox (which sits behind the email address). To do this click the icon labeled 'Mailbox' then unselect the check-box option and then click 'OK'.
If you have any trouble configuring these options, please get in touch with technical support.