If you're experiencing network related problems we request that you gather some useful information prior to creating a support ticket. The following information would greatly assist us investigating possible network related problems and perhaps help you in diagnosing the problem:
- When did you notice accessibility problems?
- Have you checked for scheduled maintenance windows on our support site?
- Are you able to connect to any of the services running on your dedicated machine?
- Was maintenance work being carried out on the machine before or at the time of the connectivity problems?
- Have you recently rebooted the machine using the APC (power cycling service)? Is the outlet currently set to ON?
- Can you ping the hosts domain name and ip address? (Please provide output)
- Does a trace route reach it's final destination? (Please provide output from tracert on windows or traceroute on linux based machines)
- Have you tried a traceroute from a remote traceroute facility? (www.traceroute.org lists many public traceroute sites)
With the information above, the time taken for us to diagnose a network related problem affecting your dedicated host maybe significantly reduced.